Friends, welcome to all of you, and today in this Article i will discuss with you how to deal with depression, as a student, first I will tell you what is depression, what is its science, what is its symptoms, fight against it. What are the methods that can be adopted to remove it and how you have to take professional help and I will also tell you how depression can be eliminated in a student life and what lifestyle changes can you do two not going to depression will discuss about those things.
1 year ago, Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput commented suicide and his steps It has shocked all of us that a person who is considered successful so called which is the measure of success, on that we can be successful, earned money for a long time, earned fame and went where he wants to go. So why would such a person commit suicide?
It tells us that in our society, we do not pay attention to mental health, till then we only count money or fame, we completely forget about mental health, then the most important aspect of mental health in this country is that According to WHO data, more than 220000 people had committed suicide in India in 2018 and the biggest reason behind this is mental health disorder and the major region in it is depression.
What is Depression?
- Depression is a major mental disorder or clinical depression is a common but serious mind disorder.
- It cause severe symptoms that affect how you feel, think, and handle daily activities, such as sleeping, eating, or working.
- To be diagnosed with depression, the symptoms must be present for at last two weeks.
Signs and Symptoms:-
- Persistent sad, anxious, or “empty” mood.
- Feelings of hopelessness, or pessimism.
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness or helplessness.
- Not taking interest or in daily life activities.
- Decreased energy of fatigue.
- Aches or pains, headaches, cramps.
- Appetite and/or weight changes.
- Digestive problems without a clear physical cause and/or that do not ease even with treatment.
- Moving or talking more slowly.
- Feeling restless or having trouble sitting still.
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering, or making decisions.
- Difficulty sleeping, early-morning awakening, or oversleeping.
As a Student or Exam Aspirant:-
- Aspirant for various competitive exam face challenges, pressure and anxieties that can cause them to feel overwhelmed.
- They might feel sick and depressed in a new city.
- No proper sleep schedules, the foods they choose to eat and how much time they spend on activities such as social media.
- They’re adapting to new schedules and workloads, adjusting to life with roommates, and figuring and how to belong.
- Financial losses and Family ignorance also can serve as major sources of stress.
- Dealing with depression or these changes can trigger.
What to do if you facing experience any of these symptoms?
Never treat depression as a subject; When you went to a doctor for a mental disorder, people would say that it’s crazy, it’s a very old and orthodox thinking if you have any friends in your circle or If someone in the family is suffering from mental disorder and he is consulting the doctor, then you should also support him and you should also take the doctor from a professional, you have to treat it like a normal disorder.
Suppose if you have fever for 3 days, before going to the doctor, will you think about what people will say, otherwise you have other diseases like malaria, dengue, etc, you will go to the doctor in the same way. If you have a mental disorder, then you should also go to the doctor and if someone humiliates a person with a mental disorder, then you give him a good opinion, explain to him that it is wrong, immediately hit him on his mistake, only then this thinking will end from our society.
Consult a professional Psychiatrist
How to avoid depression as a student?
- Do not shut out everyone for the sake of studies.
- Meditate at least 30 min a day.
- Pray every day for your good mental health.
- Keep away from negative friends. and don’t take the burden of your study.
- Do not fall for alcohol or drugs as a ‘cure’
- Keep some connect with Nature….
- Walk in park
- Feed fish in lake
- Feed the birds on your terrace
- Try to make social connect in your new city-
Try to find balance in lifestyle
- Social life